Saturday, January 25, 2003

CD: Beastie Boys, “Check Your Head”

School has only been going on for a week but I’ve already noticed some trends. In one class, the professor felt it necessary to warn us about the courseload; he wants us to know as soon as possible that readings of up to 75 pages per week will be assigned. Gee, I know this is Grad School, but why is he demanding so much of us? Seventy-five pages might take over an HOUR to read!! In another class, I told the teacher in her office that I had Strep Throat and probably should meet her at another time (it’s an Independent Study Course) and then noticed she had been smoking and drinking coffee for the past hour and had a hoarser voice than me. I didn’t feel so bad then. A third teacher was impressed that I was the only one who had taken the cellophane off the textbook. I told him Chapter 9 looked pretty interesting, to which he replied “Oh yes, that’s written by a very good author.” Nobody else in the room knew that he was the author… Umm… there was one more class. AH HA! The guy with the accent. Very bright and entertaining, but he writes with his left hand like it’s his left hand, y’know? The text slopes upward at about a 55 degree angle. It’s a Arab studies course, so I’m assuming that writing English for him really IS writing backwards. And that wuz me furst wik at skool.

No comments: