Wednesday, January 15, 2003

2003

CD: various, "All Areas Volume 35"

Hey, folks. I decided to skip out of the country for a couple weeks, so, Jiminy, I'm really behind on my posts. So the first posts will be about my trip to Europe, done on a per city basis. I also have an aborted trip log that lasted two full days (don't laugh, it lasted longer than the "running schedule" I instituted last summer). But I'm stuck in the house with a cold and I'm determined to make up the sixteen days I missed. Including this post: Happy New Year! 2003 is shaping up to be a real humdinger of a twelve month cycle. Speaking of which, a more accurate calendar would have thirteen 28 day periods based on the cycle of the moon, which was the intent in the first place. The problem was that 13 is an unlucky number, so they cut it down to twelve and made sure Black History Month got the short end of the deal. So what should the thirteenth month be called? Here are some suggestions, in brainstorming order:

-Bush!
-Rocktober
-Winslow
-Lavigne
-Bork Bork Bork!
-Shibby
-Stern Rules!
-Friday
-Dick Hertz
-The Extra Month, brought to you by Pringles New Sour Cream and Onion Chips. Pringles: Once You Pop, You Can't Stop!
-Month of the Llama
-Grunge
-Danko
-H (the H is silent)
-Atari
-Hammertime

That's enough of that. Finally, the quote of the year so far:

Margaret: "You smell!"
Jerry: "What do I smell like?"
Margaret: "Like the inside of a turtle!"

No comments: