Sunday, April 16, 2006

80 Minutes/16 April 2006


[Punch-up in Piestany]

I compiled another mp3 mix. Again, tell me what you think. All one of you. Try it; you might like it! Almost 80 minutes, and almost 80 megs.

01 Tool - Vicarious
Just leaked from the new album!!! OMGBBQ!!

02 Sufjan Stevens - God'll Ne'er Let You Down
Some B-side I found. Nice acoustic stuff.

03 Angry Samoans - My Old Man's A Fatso
For years, all I new about the Angry Samoans was that Krist Novoselic wore their shirt in a picture in Nirvana's Bleach album.

04 Nine Inch Nails - The Hand That Feeds (Death From Above 1979 mix)
From the new With Teeth remix EP. It's okay.

05 Dead Milkmen - Bitchin' Camero
So this band had this song, see. And they always did this bit to introduce the song, see? And sometimes they got tired of doing their own bits. . . .

06 Jimmy Smith - Root Down (And Get It)
This is the unedited version from the Root Down Live! rerelease. You may know the sample from the Beastie Boys song of the same name.

07 Beastie Boys - Root Down (live)
Son of a gun, there it is. This a live recording from the 1997 Tibetan Freedom Concert, with another sample in the middle that's totally awesome, whatever it is.

08 Eagles Of Death Metal - I Want You So Hard
The band name is awesome, the song title is awesome, and the new album, Death By Sexy, sounds as awesome as the name implies. You know what else is awesome? Ninjas. (I just bought the book.)

09 Plus-Tech Squeeze Box - Sneaker Song
All I know is that it's from Japan, where music is required to be especially upbeat for no particular reason.

10 Public Enemy - By The Time I Get To Arizona
Not so timely anymore, but it's still got a great beat. What do you think of when you hear Flava Flav's voice?

11 Kids In The Hall - These Are The Daves I Know
I hung out with Dave last night, and dedicate this song to him.

12 Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion (Diplo Remix)
It's not on the album, but on the first single. Whoo-hoo, WHOO-hoooooo

13 Pulsallama - Ungawa Part II
This is from a compilation called New York Noise 2: Music From The New York Underground 1977 - 1984

14 DVDA - Now You're A Man (Orgazmo soundtrack)
In honor of the most recent/amazing/timely/well-written South Park episode in history, I present an old side project from the writers. Don't ask what DVDA stands for, and especially don't look it up on the Internet.

15 The Advantage - Batman Stage 1
The Advantage plays only covers of Nintendo Entertainment System Games. I remember playing this game a lot. While it wasn't the best--the controls were really muddy--the music and graphics were top-notch.

16 Eazy E - No More Questions
I only added this because Natalie Portman parodied it on Saturday Night Live. Eazy E is like Flava Flav on Ritalin.

17 Ex-Girl - Aji Fry (Fried Horse Mackerel)
Treat the title as a warning. Japan must be a weird, weird place.

18 The Wesley Willis Fiasco - I'm Going To Kill You (live)
You know what's more awesome than ninjas? Wesley Willis with the Fiasco Band! Just when I thought I'd tired of Wesley Willis songs this track comes along! The language is horrible. Turn this UP! It rocks like a Magikist!

19 Schrock Ferguson - Crumpet
Ed just asked me to find the file of him and Phil on a radio show with Joe and me.

No comments: