Thursday, March 09, 2006

80 Minutes

mchammer.blogspot.com

I got out of work early tonight and had some free time. There's not much else to do but surf the Internet at 4 in the morning, however, so I decided to add some music info to my blog. On the right are random selections from my Pandora stations which I hope to update regularly (for some reason it won't let me link the actual channels). I was also bored enough to make a mix CD for my dedicated fanbase. Seeing how ONE person downloaded the last Podcast I'm sure y'all are itchin' for more.


So here's an 80 MINUTE COLLECTION OF MP3s. Well, maybe 76. Tell me what you think and maybe I'll do more:

01 Ben Folds - Bitches Ain't Shit
Dr. Dre cover. The language! This is wholly inappropriate.
02 Boris - Pink
Japanese cock rock
03 Buzzcocks - Credit
Featuring the Tops self-checkout lane
04 Coldplay - Easy To Please
B-side
05 Danko Jones - Pump It Up
Elvis Costello cover found by Joe at dankojones.net after hearing it on a commercial
06 Franz Ferdinand and Fire Engines - Get Up And Use Me
Collaboration with some local friends of theirs
07 Kaiser Chiefs - Na Na Na Na Naa (Polysics Remix)
Hey hey hey, goodbye!
08 Peanut Butter Wolf - Styles Crew Flows Beats
Sounds old school
09 Pearl Jam - World Wide Suicide
New single from upcoming album. From pearljam.com
10 Plus-Tech Squeeze Box - Sneaker Song
I know nothing about this band. Very J-poppy, but reminds me of The Stooges' "Search and Destroy"
11 Quasi - Presto Change-O
The drummer also plays for uber-group Sleater-Kinney
12 Raconteurs - Steady, As She Goes
Jack White's new band, from an upcoming album
13 Stereolab - Visionary Road Maps
Some Czech guy I knew recommended this band a long time ago but I hadn't really checked them out. Get it? :(
14 Treacherous Three - Whip It
Actual old-school rap, with Kool Moe Dee
15 Velvet Underground - The Gift
Spoken word. (I put the longer songs here at the end.)
16 Schutte, Alden - Talkin' Proud
After the City of Buffalo lost their steel plants in the 1970s, they tried attracting new business with this song. E for effort, I guess.
17 They Might Be Giants - In the Middle, In the Middle,
A public service announcement from the kids' album No!
18 Spyder D - Big Apple Rappin' (National Rappin' Anthem)
Dinosaur-school rap from an import collection of the same name

No comments: