Monday, March 15, 2004

Ed is NOT a Stephen Colbert fan. NOT! He is a casual viewer of Stephen Colbert that occasionally laughs at Colbert's jokes. I'm writing this down for all posterity, Ed! You see, anyone could watch Colbert's appearances on The Daily Show. Even the weakest of comedy afficionados could stay tuned for the occasional guest spot on Tough Crowd. But did Ed see Colbert on the American version of Whose Line Is It Anyway? Of course not! How many episodes of Strangers With Candy, Exit 57, or The Drew Carey Show did Ed ever tune in for? NOT A ONE. Did he buy Wigfield in hardcover--let alone at all--and read it cover-to-cover in the course of a weekend? BAH! And yet I have partaken in all these hilarious things. Ed would never remember Colbert's first Daily Show piece, where "The New Guy" gayly sashayed in front of the camera awkwardly, yet with enough of an idiot savant flair to immediately turn the most jaded comedy fan over to his creative grip. But I do. And as I sat watching another amazing episode of Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law tonight, with another amazing performance by one Stephen Colbert I tried counting the countless times I have pleaded with my friend Ed to watch the Adult Swim block in my little head. Redundantly speaking, it was impossible. Ed, you can keep your Patrice O'Neal. Stephen Colbert is with Me.

No comments: