Wednesday, October 17, 2007

80 Minutes for 17 October 2007

I recently got some recordings from the 1950s (thanks Jerry) and thought I'd pass along a few favorites. Most of these are rockabilly hits but I threw some R&B in for good measure. Several of these songs have been made more popular done by other artists (CCR doing Susie-Q, for example) while several others are covers themselves (Stranded in the Jungle was recorded a year before, and Stagger Lee is based on countless versions dating back more than a century). The rest are simply classic, or close. Rocket 88 is supposedly the first ever "Rock & Roll" song. I included Freddy Cannon twice because he's hardcore. Everything is here in this one file or you can download them individually:

Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace.mp3
Big Mama Thornton - Hound Dog.mp3
Billy Lee Riley - Red Hot.mp3
Bo Diddley - I'm a Man.mp3
Cadets - Stranded in the Jungle.mp3
Carl Perkins - Honey, Don't!.mp3
Dale Hawkins - Susie-Q.mp3
Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser.mp3
Eddie Cochran - C'mon Everybody.mp3
Fats Domino - Blueberry Hill.mp3
Freddy Cannon - Buzz Buss A-Diddle-It.mp3
Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie.mp3
Irma Thomas - Time Is on My Side.mp3
Isley Brothers - Shout, Pts. 1 & 2.mp3
Ivan - Real Wild Child.mp3
Jackie Brenston & His Delta Cats - Rocket '88'.mp3
Joe Bennett & The Sparkletones - Black Slacks.mp3
John Lee Hooker - Boom Boom.mp3
Johnny Otis Show - Willie and the Hand Jive.mp3
Little Richard - Rip It Up.mp3
Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee.mp3
Ramrods - (Ghost) Riders in the Sky.mp3
Ray Charles - What'd I Say, Pts. 1 - 2.mp3
Robins - Smokey Joe's Cafe.mp3
Ronnie Self - Bop-a-Lena.mp3
Screamin' Jay Hawkins - I Put a Spell on You.mp3
Shadows - Apache.mp3
Vibrations - My Girl Sloopy.mp3
Wanda Jackson - Fujiyama Mama.mp3

No comments: