Monday, May 17, 2004

Yesterday was my first experience in a Duty Free Shop. There was a lot of alcohol which didn't interest me because I don't drink, and a lot of perfume, which is an even lesser topic of conversation. If someone smells nice, and you tell them, they're never going to say "Do you like it? I got it by the gallon at the Duty Free Shop." The complete opposite of the commercials, perfume buying must be very unromantic. What did interest me was the size of the chocolate bars. Five pounds of Kit Kats for six dollars is awesome. They had those big Toblerones you can only get in airport stores, but here they came in packs of three for $24. You could munch on that for a month, which is just about the time it takes for me to get back to the Duty Free Shop. Maybe I'll invest in a gold-bar-sized hunk of the Swiss Stuff next time I'm around.

No comments: