Monday, January 07, 2008

80 Minutes for 7 January 2008

I'm slowly transferring all my CDs to .mp3s. Last week I uploaded my CMJ CD compilations. Finally, they're searchable! CMJ breaks a lot of losers but some big names start on them, and I've found that the CDs seem even better after a few years when the public's become familiar with the artists. Here are a few decent tracks. You can download a .zip file or individual tracks. If the files die, post a message to let me know.

01 Klint - Diamond Featured in the film Snatch.

02 Soul Coughing - $300 Great band.

03 Malajube - Montreal -40C If Montreal at -40 is the same as Ottawa at -40, I can totally relate to this song.

04 Stephen Malkmus - The Hook

05 Ani DiFranco - Manhole It's a law that every Ani DiFranco release must be represented on a CMJ disc. She's on like 8 of these things.

06 Moe - Stranger Than Fiction Starring Will Ferrell?

07 Electric Six - Dance Epidemic RIYL an Americanized Gogol Bordello. No Jack White this time, sorry.

08 Belle & Sebastian - Step Into My Office, Baby I can remember the video:


09 Kasabian - Clubfoot Another band I got into because of their video:


10 Roots - Don't Feel Right More videos!


11 Mooney Suzuki - Alive And Amplified Oh man, it doesn't stop!


12 U.N.K.L.E. - Rabbit In Your Headlights DUDE. Speaking of videos . . . you have to see this one. Banned in several counties and featuring Thom Yorke on vocals!


13 Kittie - Until The End I only really added this band because my sister's met them a few times.

14 Buffalo Tom - Rachael Another band my sister is into.

15 Mario C. - Malkovich Masterpiece Remix Every once in a while the lyrics to song get stuck in my head.

16 Isley Brothers - Fight The Power (Parts 1 & 2) Very cool.

17 Hangar 18 - Where We At Not a clue.

18 Radiohead - Optimistic (Live In Dublin) Like all music magazines, Radiohead can do no wrong in CMJ. This track was a CMJ exclusive Kid A promo.

19 Eleni Mandell - Pauline Reminds me of something or other.

20 Cibo Matto - Know Your Chicken (12" Version) THIS is the one you HAVE to download. My favorite, rare version of one of the best songs by one of my favorite bands. If you only download one of these tracks, this is the one.

21 D.O.A. - Marijuana Mother****er It's censored on the CDDB info, too.

22 Sonic Youth - The Diamond Sea (Radio Edit) Again, one of the best songs by one of my favorite bands. The 19-minute album version is preferable, of course.

No comments: