Wednesday, April 02, 2003

CD: White Stripes, "Elephant"

I just wrote this in an E-mail to someone else, but it was a pretty good summary of my day:

"OK, so I went to UB because some friends and I bought tickets to a concert a long time ago and Joe was going to sell an extra one we had to someone he knows, and I had to bring him the extra ticket. I was going to use their library anyway to do homework, and be there all day. So I met him at Best Buy (we went to buy the new White Stripes album as well) and he says "Fred, my muffler fell off!" Sure enough, it was gone. So we buy our CDs, and Joe has to go to UB for a meeting, so we decide that he'll take the car to a garage later, and I'll take him home from there. After a couple of hours, he calls my cell phone from the parking lot (I knew it'd come in handy!) and says "Fred, your tire is flat." Sure enough, it was flat. So we decide to take off the tire, put it in Joe's car, and see if the garage can help us both out. It ends up being too late, so Joe tells the guy he'll leave the car there overnight, and we go looking for another tire place. We find one and give them the tire, and it happened to be across the street from Guitar Center so we paid my brother a visit at work. We also played on the keyboards. (Whee!) The tire place calls me on my cell phone (I knew it'd come in handy!) and says my tire is too messed up to get fixed. I call my father (handy!) and ask his advise; he says I should buy two tires for the car if the place is open long enough to put them on. We go back to UB to get my car, and too late, the place is closing. So we drop off Joe's car at the other garage, and we're hungry, so we go to Duff's. We both order the 20-wing Combo Meal that comes with a bowl of fries and a pitcher of pop. I eat all of mine and am very proud. Joe can only eat half of his, but somehow he makes fun of my accomplishments. The nerve! So then I drop him off, and here I am at Buff State, almost nine hours later than when I said I would start my homework, with one of those dinky little spare tires attached to my car. I'll probably be home around 3 AM."

No comments: