Monday, January 03, 2005

Shooting an Elephant

Essay by George Orwell

New Year's Eve was pretty lousy. Nothing happened. Then I did nothing for the next two days because stores, libraries, et cetera were closed. Then the Bills lost. They'll be back. Then I was bored. Then I realized my "beard" is fuglier than a drowned muskrat. Tomorrow I have to start work on a thesis that I wrote 6 months ago, but sucked so bad I'm going to redo it. (Okay, it wasn't that bad, but I'm frustrated.) It's 4 AM and I can't sleep. Some New Year's Resolutions:

--Finish my effing thesis
--Go to bed earlier
--Spend less time on the Internet (curse you, Fark.com!)
--Get back down to about 160 lbs. I have some pants I'd like to fit into.
--Read Cross' The Burned-Over District
--Get a Real Job come May
--Kill Flanders
--Finish my thesis
--Rock
--Stop eating spaghetti and Chinese food by the pound
--Finally get my Dual Citizenship Card renewed ($60)
--Leave the house once every couple of days
--Never ice skate again :)
--Stop faking the funk on nasty dunks
--Do the Lord's work
--Find Sleater-Kinney fans, hang out with them
--Less chocolate, more salad
--Stop drinking milk and eating ham. It gives me the s***s; why do I still do it?
--Finish my thesis

No comments: