Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Vinyl: Kiss, "Destroyer"

Christmas Poem That Sucks

It is almost Christmas
No one reads this board
This poem doesn't rhyme
Happy birthday Lord

Tomorrow we'll get presents
Unless we're really poor
Or atheist or Jewish
Or fighting in the war

Wrapping presents takes too long
It creates excess trash
They found mad cow in Washington
The cattle market will crash

I hooked up an old record player
I found a Kiss record to play
I don't know where I got it from
But Kiss sounds kind of gay

This year lots of people died
Wesley Willis, three Cashes
Joe Strummer, Senator Simon
And there were some plane crashes

I'm eating too much candy
But that's because it's free
There's no such thing as a free salad
I wonder why dat be

Soon I'll go to Ottawa
That might be exciting
Montreal, Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Paul
But now I'm just reciting

No comments: